Monday, September 5, 2011

Getting Old Gracefully - NOT

Please tell me all about your different doctor appointments that you squeeze in between the other stuff going on in your lives.
But I promised you random thoughts and so here are some more:

Ten years ago, my daughter moved out to CA.  I thought she would transplant herself there.  So, I had all my favorite recipes laminated so that she would be able to use them and not worry about getting them dirty.  Of course, my hidden agenda, was that she would remember me with love one day.  Now I realize, she won''t want them.  The internet gives her access to any recipe in an instant.  And she has outgrown me as a chef.  So much for feeding into nostagia...
Oh, by the way, this great recession was good to me in one way.  There are no jobs in CA., and my daughter and husband moved back close to home.  So even though home is where the heart is, I am glad that their heart is not 3,000 miles away.  I kept telling my daughter that we were not rich enough to be bicoastal!
Tell me your adult children stories.  Do your 30 somethings have jobs?  Can they afford a home?

No comments:

Post a Comment