Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Getting Old Gracefully - NOT

I ask myself (and all of you):  Is getting old gracefully even remotely possible?  I don't have any answers, only random thoughts because at 60, all I have is random thoughts.

Well, I for one hope you can read this font size.  Me, I am typing it with my + 2.25 reading glasses perched on my nose.  I always pick the most elaborate ones possible, the most colorful, the most flamboyant, the ones with the most rhinestones, because hell, if I am 60, I might as well flaunt it!!!!

What do you think of reading glasses?  How many pairs do you own?  How many places do you hide them around your house?  Do you have a pair in each of your bathrooms?  Do you wear them around your neck?  Do you have those glasses necklaces?  And how many pairs do you own?  Do they match what you are wearing right now?  Have you ever strangled yourself on them?

Do any of you wear glasses for distance as well?  I have two pair of progressives (but I forgot what
they were called and had to check with the optometrist.  My mind kept calling them "perspectives."  The receptionist at the optometrist's could not remember either.  She had to ask the assistant optometrist).    However, they don't work as well for me as two different pairs for me.  So, if you see a 60 year old with two pairs of glasses on her head, both of them colorful and fully decorated, please stop and say: "Hi!"

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about anyone else but just trying to type that http link coudl qualify as an Iq test! Did anyone else find the length and difficulty of that insane link to be funny given the fact that this blog is for 60+. I think social security could use this one as a test. Anyone who fails it should automatically be able to collect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh.... Actually I love being 60+. It sure beats the alternative and I love the fact that once a year or so, the cashier at the grocery asks if I am old enough to buy the wine on the conveyor belt. Yes, just once a year, but it makes my whole day... and that lasts the whole year! 60 is great. DBA

    ReplyDelete